Thursday, July 17, 2008

Back from the ultrasound!

I'm 32 weeks today and went for an ultrasound to check Harper's growth, the amount of fluid she has and the location of my placenta.
Harper is doing fine... she is still a girl and there's still just one baby.
She is estimated to be a few days ahead and weighs 4lbs 7oz already! It was nice to get an idea of where she is so that I can know what I'm feeling. Her head is down and she's considered vertical. Her feet are kicking me on the right and her hands are punching me up top. How that works, I don't know... but that's how it is.
Now, on to the placenta issue.
The tech froze the screen and then labeled: head, placenta, cervix.
As it looked, the placenta was right in between the baby's head and my cervix. That's not particularly a good place to be. But, the tech couldn't tell me anything about the placenta since it has to come from my OB (I'll see him next Wed). Instead, she asked me, "Has your doctor talked to you about the previa?" I told her that he had and asked if it was still low. She told me that she wanted me to empty my bladder and then we'd take another look. If it was still too low, my OB would talk to me about it at my next visit. So, after the 2nd look, she said, "Um, yeah. Your OB will be talking to you about this."
So apparently, my placenta is still previa. I'm not sure if it's the same or if it's gotten worse, but it certainly LOOKED worse. I guess I'll find out on Wed.
All in all, it was a good ultrasound and I'll post pics later.

No comments:

I Would Die For That -- Kellie Coffey

If You're Reading This -- Tim McGraw

Jane Austen Quiz


Followers