It's interesting to see how little ones view the world sometimes. For instance, Colin has a pretty simplistic view:
1.) Everything is about him.
2.) His mommy knows everything.
3.) God made everything.
And, of course, I have stories to illustrate all three!
We just got back from a week in Townsend, TN. We love it up there. We went to a store for the park (GSM) and Colin saw the donations box. He's been fascinated lately with putting money in boxes like this (or fountains... even if they're just on display in a store... but that's another story). Anyway, he pointed and said something about the money box. I couldn't hear him, so I asked if he wanted to put some money in the box. He said very plainly, "No. I want to get some money OUT of the box." If only wealth were that simple (of course, it seems that loan companies, car companies and some cities think it is).
As we were unpacking, Colin pulled out a bug kit that he got in the mountains. One of the bugs is a beetle. He asked his daddy what it was. Jamey told him that it was a beetle. He said, "No. It's not. I'll ask mommy what it is." So, he asked me. I also told him it was a beetle. Apparently, that was good enough for him because he looked at his daddy and very emphatically stated that it was a beetle.
And finally, as I was putting together Harper's pack n play, Colin asked me why a part looked like it did. I said, "Because that's the way they made it." He quickly responded (as though he knows the secret to the universe), "No. God made it. Jesus didn't make it. God made it. God used to help make jets and he made the Blue Angels." At least he knows the source!
Well, we're back home in Columbus now and we have about TEN DAYS before we move. That's it! Yikes!
We called this week to find out about housing on post. Let me clarify. We called AGAIN. They never returned our calls from earlier. Anyway, housing on post is full for Jamey's pay grade, so we have to find housing off post without getting a chance to see it yet.
We think we've found just the right house, so please pray that it all works out!
Harvey's First Birthday Party
10 years ago

1 comment:
Sounds like Colin has a good grasp on how things work! Besides, I think his mommy knows everything too!
:)
Love you all! Praying for you too!
Gramma
Post a Comment