We saw hens and their peeps, horses and foals, deer and fawns, bears and cubs... and lots more animals!
The bear cubs were the cutest. The first time I saw cubs, it was the best scene I've ever witnessed with cubs. The mama bear came out of the woods into a big open field and three bear cubs followed her bouncing all around behind her. They were absolutely adorable. Later during our trip, I saw a mama bear and three cubs with two of them climbing trees. I'm guessing they were the same bears I'd seen before.
We had a wonderful time in Tennessee and really enjoyed ourselves. Colin learned the alphabet (finally!) while we were there. He also learned how to sing Linus and Lucy (aka the Charlie Brown song).
Harper is really growing up. She's almost eleven months!! I can't believe how much she has accomplished. I don't think it will be long before she walks. She has stood by herself and pulled herself up but she doesn't do either of those on a regular basis, so I'm hoping she starts doing them again soon.
Right now, the biggest "sibling battle" is over toys. Colin just loves to play with Harper's toys and Harper loves playing with Colin's toys. It's hard to have them both on the floor playing at the same time. Harper always wants to play with Colin's cars and monster trucks. So, Colin is frequently getting frustrated. He keeps saying, "Just hold her!" The other day, I put her down to play and he immediately got upset with me. I told him that maybe he should sit down on the couch for a while. He didn't like that idea. So, I pointed out that she likes to play too. He quickly responded, "She doesn't play. She just puts things in her mouth!"
It's so true.
Harper's analysis of everything involves placing the object in her mouth. Colin was never that way as a baby, so it doesn't surprise me that he finds this difficult to understand.
So, I suggested that he find a toy for Harper to play with. He said, "Okay". Then, he found a car, walked over to Harper and stuck it in her mouth.
I guess he just skipped a couple of steps.
But I'm definitely having fun as a mom. Life is an adventure!
Here are a few pics from our trip:





1 comment:
Sounds like what happens at my house! Andrew loves to eat everything and Hannah is constantly shrieking, "NO DREW!" and pulling things out of his mouth. But, if I insist she give Andrew a toy to play with will stick it in his mouth.
New fun stuff!
We also need to work on the details of an arranged marriage!! ha ha
Post a Comment