Saturday, September 5, 2009

My, How They Grow!

Yes, yes... I know. It has been WAY too long since I posted here.

The problem is that I've been posting on my facebook because it's so much easier to upload photos there.

But, I'll try to be better about posting here more often.

Harper turned one a few weeks ago (although she's still in 3-6 months clothes). I found the most precious tutu and fairy wings online and had the sweet lady do custom colors to match a fabric for me. They turned out beautifully! I made little tutus for all the girls who came to the party (the older girls got "punk" tutus) and we had such a good time. I started out with a theme (a pretty fabric I have), but the theme was quickly dropped and it just sort of became a mish-mash of a lot of different things. I think it was better that way. We had Disney princess balloons, Tinkerbell crowns, tutus, boxes to decorate, a fishing game, a castle pinata and party favors ranging from little finger skateboards and motorcycles to High School Musical pencils and Hannah Montana slap bracelets and, of course, more princess stuff. We got cupcakes from Vanilla's and they were SO good!

In the meantime, Colin has started school. He's doing preschool at First Baptist Junior Academy and we just love it so far! For the first few days, I didn't even have a hard time getting him up and dressed. All I had to do was tell him it was time for school and he was excited to get there. Unfortunately, that quickly passed and now it's a bit harder to get him up in the morning. He asked me the other day, "When will we be done with school?" Sigh... you have a LONG way to go, kid. But, he's doing some extra-curricular activities too. He takes martial arts (Vovinam) on Tuesdays and dance and tumbling on Wednesdays.

I know what you're thinking. Yes, my son is taking dance. Yes, he even has ballet shoes. But he LOVES it! And he has tap shoes too. Can you imagine how excited this kid is going to be next week when he has his first chance to wear his tap shoes on that floor and make noise with his feet?? This is RIGHT up his alley! Plus, I figure if he gets the coordination and balance that comes with dance, it will help him with his true passion: football. But, what he REALLY wants to learn is how to spin on his head. Yep, just like they do in It's Flashbeagle, Charlie Brown. So, we'll see about that. In the meantime, though, we're staying busy and he's getting plenty of opportunities to use up all that energy he has. They should really bottle "four year old boy energy".

Harper is not walking... yet. She is cruising around with ease and standing and walking with help, but she hasn't taken those first steps on her own. Colin didn't walk until 13 months, so I'm not too worried. She's so little that I think it might just take her a bit longer.

I'll finish today's blog with some pictures of the kids.

























Colin wanted me to take pictures of him pushing Harper's doll pram. I think he just really wanted to be able to push something around the yard really quickly.



He's going to be SUCH a good dad!



Hmmmm.... maybe not.



If he'd just learn to slow down a bit.



Now, I think he's got the hang of it.



Oops.



Oh well.



And, after a long photo shoot, Harper was rewarded with her favorite cookie: a Milano. But, as you can see in the video below, she was too tired to enjoy it!

1 comment:

Just the 5 of us said...

Harper eating the cookie is too funny! :) She is just too adorable!

I Would Die For That -- Kellie Coffey

If You're Reading This -- Tim McGraw

Jane Austen Quiz


Followers