Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Sister For Erin

I am SOOO happy to announce that I officially have a future sister-in-law! Ian asked and Mykal said yes!

You know how it is when you worry about whether you'll get along well with your siblings' future mates? Well, I always hoped I'd have a good relationship with whatever girl Ian picked and I am SO happy that he picked Mykal. They're a great match and I think she's wonderful.

I told Colin this morning (he thinks the world of Mykal) and he is REALLY excited, although I don't think he completely understands. He knows that when a boy loves a girl, they get married (he has told me that when he grows up, he will marry me), so he is happy that Ian is getting married, but I don't think he "gets" the whole "aunt" thing. But he's excited nonetheless.

Anyway, this was just a quick post to give the wonderful news! Congrats to Ian! And to Mykal, "Welcome to the family!!"

3 comments:

dnadknsn said...

We are so happy for Ian and Mykal and for all of your family. She is a sweetheart!

Erin said...

Isn't she?? I'm SO excited!
(wait... did I say that already?)

Laura said...

Scott and I ARE SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS!! We read it together and we are just thrilled!! We could not be happier for Ian! Mykal is getting a GREAT guy!!!

I Would Die For That -- Kellie Coffey

If You're Reading This -- Tim McGraw

Jane Austen Quiz


Followers