Harper is nearly 7 months old now and she's about the size of a three month old.
So, as I see her really making progress toward crawling, it's funny to watch!
But, something exciting happened last night... well, maybe "exciting" isn't the right word.
Harper got trapped in her crib.
She rolled over, turned sideways and backed up so that both of her legs were sticking out between crib rails and she couldn't move.
How did I find out? She called me.
Okay... so she didn't EXACTLY call me.
I woke up to a new sound... "mama!"
I sat straight up in bed. Did I REALLY just hear that? I walked toward Harper's room. "Mama!"
I walked into her room and saw the position she was in.
I went back to bed thinking how strange that was. I decided that somehow, my subconscious knew she was in "trouble" and I had imagined her calling me.
But today, she's said it twice more! It's "mama" and not "mamamama", but she still doesn't realize what she's saying. It's still just babbling.
But it's exciting, nonetheless.
Harvey's First Birthday Party
10 years ago

3 comments:
That IS exciting! There is nothing like your child saying your name...
I think she knows exactly what she is saying - - she is YOUR child after all and MUST have your intelligence, right!! Of course your mother will insist that the high level of intelligence comes from her :-)
All you have to do is look at our Word play game scores to know I will never say her intelligence came from me...
it came from our Dad :)
She knows what she is doing!
Post a Comment