Last night, I got Colin's Easter goodies all set up and this morning I set out the "trail" of goodies left by the Easter Beagle (who needs bunnies?) before Colin woke up.
We'd been trying to figure out which church to go to (we thought we'd finally found a church here but the last time we visited there, there were several question-raising comments made by the pastor). It's SO hard to find a church here. We aren't even limiting ourselves to Baptist churches. We just want to find a church that teaches what we believe in an atmosphere where we'll be comfortable. Unfortunately, the churches that share our belief are either incredibly small and wouldn't be able to take care of our kids or they speak in tongues or are strict KJV-only ultra-legalistic churches.
We finally decided to try the church on post after speaking to the chaplain about it.
Unfortunately, Colin threw up Friday night and has been sick ever since.
So, this morning, I got Harper up and put her in her Easter dress. After getting things ready, I got Colin up and put him in his Easter "suit". Then, we sat down together and watched First Baptist on the internet.
Colin has enjoyed some Easter candy already and we're having a nice, relaxing day.
Colin's favorite color is green, so I collected as much green candy as I could (I started right after Valentine's Day) and he thought it was great! Later today, we'll watch our traditional "It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown!"
Here are a few pics from this morning:





It was pretty cold last night. They shut off our heater earlier this week (no, not out of non-payment... that's how things work out here. You get to choose between having air or heat. So, when they came to turn on our swamp cooler, they turned off the heater. So, this morning, we lit a fire in the fireplace for the first time. It doesn't put out a lot of heat, but it helps a little and is so pretty!
We do have a lot going on in our lives right now. Jamey's tentative date for deployment to Iraq is May 6. It's coming up SO quickly! We recently had his Brigade Ball. It was nice to get out for the night (and have Harper actually cooperate!) and we enjoyed ourselves. I was glad that Jim and Dena were here to watch the kids. It was our first time leaving Harper for longer than a half hour (my parents kept her for me once before) and she's been SO clingy that I thought I'd never have a break from her. Thankfully, she was good for Jim and Dena and we didn't get any "Get home! Your daughter is screaming and won't stop!" phone calls. The BEST part about the ball is that Jamey got to wear his dress blues (thank you Mr. Chauncey) and he looked so handsome! I do need to mention that he is not smiling in this pic because you traditionally do not smile in pictures while wearing military uniforms. I'll get some smiling pictures when we have our photo shoot with Op:Love next weekend, though.


5 comments:
LOVE her dress & that big smile! What a cutie! Looks like Collin will be set on candy for awhile! Happy Easter!
I love Harper's dress! Story also wore a smock blue dress. :)
I am so jealous of Colin. So much candy! I bet he was so excited!
That must be so frustrating trying to find a good church. Glad we have a good one! Colin and Harper look adorable! Love Harper's dress!
I'll tell my mom's friend Robin that you all love the dress. She made it for me. Note, for ME... not Harper. It was mine when I was a baby!!
=D
You have a beautiful family!
(or handsome in the case of two of them)
Every single one of you takes a good picture!!
I loved looking at them.
To be honest... I keep coming back again and again :)
Gramma
Post a Comment