Harper is already six weeks old (although she's only JUST past Colin's birth weight) and we have really fallen in love!
Here are a few of her recent "firsts"
I'd given Harper a few "baths" but they'd been the washcloth type or the kitchen sink type. I finally found Colin's old bathtub seat, so she got her first "bathtub bath" around 5 weeks. She was much more cooperative than Colin! I remember that Colin screamed bloody murder when he was in that seat, but Harper just sat there content as could be. I'm constantly surprised at how different they are already. They truly have very individual personalities!

We took Harper to church last night (six weeks exactly). We'd waited because the nursery only takes babies that are at least six weeks old and they aren't really set up for parents to tote younger babies with them. I had it all planned out. I changed Harper's diaper before we got there and then I'd change her after our Real Life Group right before the service. That way, the nursery workers wouldn't have to worry about changing a cloth diaper (it tends to freak some people out). When we dropped her off, the nursery worker took her and Harper settled right into that lady's arms! You could tell she had a way with babies. Then, I explained the cloth diaper situation and she told me not to even bother trying to change her diaper before church... she said she'd changed cloth diapers before and had no problems with them at all! That was very exciting to me! Harper did just fine in that nursery and was calm and settled when we went to pick her up. I really expected to be paged, but it didn't happen. She was no trouble!

Harper has been smiling for about a week now, but no one seems to catch her smiling but me! Well, today I FINALLY got a picture of her smile! Once she gets bigger, her smiles will be absolutely adorable because I've already seen hints at her dimples (I think you can see a hint of one in this picture).

While I had Harper sitting there trying to smile for me, Colin came up. He just climbed up right next to her and I got a couple of pictures. He is SUCH a good big brother. We frequently fight over whose baby she is ("she's my baby!" "No, she's MY baby!"). She will definitely have a hard time dating when she's older. Not only will the guy have to get past her daddy and his shotgun (which, he assures me, he'll be cleaning when the guys come over), but the guy will have to pass inspection by her very athletic and quite overprotective big brother. I say, good luck!



1 comment:
Harper is absolutely beautiful!! Colin is as adorable as ever. I'm so glad Debbie told me where to find your blog. It will be great to know what is going on with you guys. (Aunt Donna)
Post a Comment