Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Colin Mine

You always wonder if your kids will remember special times from their childhood. Well, I think there's one thing Colin will remember... Baby Mine. It's the song Dumbo's mother sang to him. The first line is "Baby mine, don't you cry."
I sang it to him while I was still pregnant with him and it was part of our nightly bedtime routine when he was a baby. Lately, whenever Harper has been crying, Colin has encouraged me to sing "Baby mine you don't have to cry" (as he calls it) to help her settle down.
Tonight, he came to me with his face crumpled up trying to force out a tear and said, "I'm going to start crying. You'd better sing Colin mine you don't have to cry."

He's gotten very excited about me putting his name into songs lately. His absolute favorite song right now is "Flash Colin", originally "Flash Beagle" from It's Flashbeagle, Charlie Brown. It was a song on a cassette tape that I had when I was a little girl.

He STILL talks about his Charlie Brown costume from last Halloween. In fact, he considered being Charlie Brown again this year, but has ultimately decided that he wants to be Mickey Mouse. Unfortunately, the Mickey Mouse costume at the Disney Store is incredibly ridiculous looking. There's no way I'd let him look that silly. So, once again, I'm making one. I got his black turtleneck today, but still need red shorts, white gloves and Mickey ears. I'm going to TRY to find HIS Mickey ears, but I'm afraid that they might be in a box in the back of our storage unit. If you see red shorts for sale somewhere, please let me know!

Here are some more pics of Colin taking care of his baby sister. On our way to the doctor today, he told me he was going to cover up her heel so that no one could hurt her (the billirubin test consists of a heel prick and several minutes where they let the blood drip into a vial until they have enough).

He just LOVES her!!








And here's a bonus pic of Harper (well, part of her) in a cloth diaper I made for her:

2 comments:

Debbie (and Bud) said...

Oh boy do I miss those two!
She is changing so fast! And she is very blessed to have a brother like Colin! :)

dnadknsn said...

Keep the Colin stories coming. I read ALL of them to Daniel yesterday when he got home from school. Then I made Chris stand still for a few minutes so I could tell him some Colin stories :-) I'm sure Harper will have some wonderful stories too, but we are a little partial to "little boy" stories at our house!! By the way, I love the cloth diaper. You are wonderful!

I Would Die For That -- Kellie Coffey

If You're Reading This -- Tim McGraw

Jane Austen Quiz


Followers