Unfortunately, we don't have much up here when it comes to portrait studios. There's Sears, Walmart and Olan Mills.
So, we figured we'd go with Olan Mills. Our experience was less than desirable. We had the pictures taken and Harper was good, but when we went to look at the pictures on the computer, the monitor was so bright, you could barely make out her body and it was hard to see any color. How am I supposed to decide which pictures to buy, when I can't see them?! The photographer said that she had been told there would be no new monitor until that one completely died. Well, I'd say it was pretty dead. So, I figured I'd just get a bare minimum of pictures and then I'd look at them when I got home (you can see them online). The only problem was that their online version has only small pictures, so again, I couldn't get a good look.
I was so upset by this that I wrote to Olan Mills and complained about my experience. I was talked into the $19.95 portrait package because I was given the impression that this was the only way I could look at the pictures. Apparently, that was incorrect. Then, when I got online, they wanted me to pay ANOTHER fee if I wanted to be able to email the pictures to people. What?! And it costs well over $100 to get the pictures on a disk.
Jamey and I decided that we will NOT be going back to Olan Mills. Instead, we'll travel to Atlanta if we have to. Once a month won't kill us. Next month, though, I plan to be in Jacksonville and we'll get her pictures done there.
Anyway, I was able to copy a few from the website so that you can see them. I apologize for the size, but this is the best I can do.








No comments:
Post a Comment