Thursday, May 7, 2009

He Called!!

I got to hear from Jamey last night. It was 2:45am his time. He had to wait in line for the phone even at that hour and there were people waiting when he was done!

It was so nice to hear his voice.

He's doing well. He said they're not doing much and it's pretty boring.

They had a brief stop in Amsterdam and were under armed guard. He did mention how nice it was to see green for a few moments. He's heading from tan to tan. We both miss the green of home!

They'll be heading from Kuwait to Iraq in several days and then, I imagine, things will get a bit more busy.

He's having trouble adjusting to the new time zone. But, he said they're getting fed well, so that's good. They're offered four hot meals a day and he said he's been getting about two of them for the most part. One is before bed and he said that with the time difference, that one is his favorite.

Anyway, I thought you'd be interested in the update.

1 comment:

Debbie (and Bud) said...

Erin,
Thanks for the update. I remember how hard it is moving into a time change, and he has such a big one to get used to!
I also liked the comment about the grass. We take a lot for granted!
Proud of you both and praying,
Mom

I Would Die For That -- Kellie Coffey

If You're Reading This -- Tim McGraw

Jane Austen Quiz


Followers