I admit it.
I. Love. Survivor.
And not just Survivor... several reality shows!
I'm also a faithful follower of The Amazing Race (go Tammy and Victor), American Idol (stupid Allison, why'd ya have to talk back?), Project Runway (new channel, new style?) and So You Think You Can Dance (start already!!).
I've also recently become hooked on the Real Housewives (particularly Orange County and New York).
Colin loves most of these shows as well. He watches The Amazing Race, American Idol, Project Runway, SYTYCD and Survivor with me.
Tonight, we were watching Survivor. They were doing an auction and one of the "contestants" won a video message from her family (my FAVORITE survivor contestant). She was watching the video and Colin got so excited and said, "It's her family! It's a message from her family!!!" I smiled, thinking how sweet it was that he cared so much.
That's when he started crying.
He looked at me and said, "I miss my daddy."
Wow.
I'm strong pretty much all the time lately. But when I see HIM cry, it almost always puts tears in my eyes as well.
But he's such a strong and brave kid. He's been SO helpful around the house.
We just sat on the couch for a few minutes hugging each other.
And then we got back to life.
Our life.
The Army life.
Harvey's First Birthday Party
10 years ago

4 comments:
Oh my word - Let me tell you, I LOVE the Real Housewives of NY! So does Scott! He gets so into it - hilarious! I can't wait for the the NJ season to start next week, it looks very promising.
Erin...
well said!
Oh Erin. Colin is the sweetest little boy! Loved the poop story! Anyway, I love reality TV and Survivor!
I'm a housewives fan too & Jonathan gives me the hardest time about it! :)
Bless Colin's heart! I am praying for all of you while Jamey's gone & for Jamey's protection!
(They should do a REAL ARMY HOUSEWIVES Show) :)
Post a Comment