I walked right over to him, picked him up and sat down. I then pulled out the best sad face and cry I could muster (because he really does have a tender heart) and said, "When you say you hate me, it really hurts my heart." He immediately got very concerned and said he was sorry and gave me hugs and kisses. I told him, "You can say that you hate bugs and you hate getting in trouble, but never say that you hate your mommy or daddy." He immediately responded, "I hate bugs. I hate bugs. Tell me about mosquitos."
And that was that.
He does have a MUCH cuter new "habit". He grabs his ball cap and football and comes to me with the CUTEST face and says, "How do I look?" I don't know where he gets that from. It's not a question I ask.
It hasn't been a very eventful week, but it HAS been a long week. Jamey is really looking forward to having a FOUR DAY weekend! Yay!
I got three new tank tops at Motherhood today. For some reason, ALL my old maternity shirts (with the exception of TWO) are too short to cover my belly. I think I'm carrying differently this time. I have compared pictures of this pregnancy with my pregnancy with Colin and my belly is smaller this time. In fact, it's even smaller than it was a few weeks ago! So, it's very strange that the shirts are too short. I am carrying higher though, so that might have something to do with it.
Today marks 24 weeks... I'm in the stage of viability! That means that the baby has a fighting chance if it's born now! In four more weeks, the chance of survival is VERY high, so that's my next milestone.
I had mentioned to Jim that cloth diapers have changed a lot in the last several years. Here are some pictures of the kind of cloth diapers we'd like to use:

They're SO easy to use! And here's the BIG difference. We can spend about $400 on a supply of cloth diapers instead of about $2800 in disposable diapers! Talk about a money saver. They're so easy to wash and you wouldn't believe the resale value of these things. There's a whole website where people buy and sell these cloth diapers. It's amazing! When Jamey and I decided to use these for this baby, I had no idea how common and popular this was becoming. I've gotten TONS of suggestions and support already and we haven't even bought our first diaper! I'm almost more excited about buying these diapers than I am about buying dresses for this little girl.
I will say, though, that one of the FIRST things we will buy her is this:

We WILL raise her right!
Well, that's all for now. I'm sitting in the computer room because Colin is STILL not asleep and we're trying to train him to fall asleep on his own. He slept by himself last weekend and we're hoping for the same this weekend. Keep praying that we're able to transition him to sleeping WITHOUT his mommy!!

No comments:
Post a Comment