The game last night was a lot of fun. Actually, aside from three factors, the entire day was great!
We went first to the Lenox Square Mall and looked in stores like Bloomingdale's, Neiman Marcus, Kate Spade and lots of others. I saw all sorts of things from some of my favorite designers (Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors, Prada, etc) but didn't find anything to buy. I was hoping to find a little "brown bag" from Bloomingdale's that would be great for packing some snacks or lunch. They didn't have the classic brown bag in the small size... just the medium size. So, I'll check online.
Jamey found a great pair of running shoes and we learned that he seriously overused his last pair. The sales lady was very helpful and LOVED Colin. She even let him use the scanner to scan in Daddy's shoes! She said he was "three going on thirty" and seemed so mature that it was funny.
Colin found a cute ball at Baby Gap, so our trip to the mall was a success.
Then, the trouble started.
It was only 9 miles from the mall to the stadium. However, it took us over an hour to get there. The traffic in Atlanta is HORRIBLE right now. There were three lanes of traffic the whole time, but it was stop and creep and stop again. Pretty much as soon as we'd gotten going on the interstate, Colin threw up in the back seat. It was just like before. We weren't able to stop, so I had to get in the back seat and clean things up as well as I could without unbuckling him. Thankfully, I'd packed a huge package of wipes just in case and had also included extra clothes and trash bags. I was glad we were prepared! Other than being sad about throwing up, Colin was no worse for the wear and was SO excited to be heading to the "Atlantis Braves" stadium!
We had a wonderful time at the game (even though it was not a shining performance for the Braves) and Colin did a great job with his cheering. Our seats were GREAT but one of them was never used, so if we go back in the near future, we might see if we can just buy two tickets.
Colin couldn't keep his seat down (it kept popping up on him because he wasn't heavy enough), so he sat in my lap for most of the game. I'm including a picture of our view (NOT zoomed in on the camera), a picture of Colin and a short video clip in today's blog post.
As we left the game, we were walking through the parking lot and a beer bottle landed on the car we were walking past. It hit the hood of the car and landed, broken, a few feet in front of us... right next to the parking lot attendant. It could have hit any of us. The attendant looked around and saw a couple (college age) standing by a car a few feet away. The guy was drunk and had just tossed the bottle up over his head behind him without even looking. Jamey sent Colin and me to the car and went to ask the parking lot attendant if he wanted us to get the police. The drunk was acting like he was surprised that anyone was upset. Jamey said, "I have a three year old and a pregnant wife and you could have hit any of us. You need to stop drinking and go home." The guy started to get an attitude and his girlfriend pulled him away. Jamey came over to our car as the parking lot attendant was still talking to this guy. Apparently, the bottle had scratched the hood of the car it hit. Why people actually enjoy getting drunk is beyond me. This guy was an IDIOT!
We got in the car and headed home... so we thought. We couldn't get on I-85 S because they were routing traffic weird and so we ended up getting on I-85 N and taking the first exit to turn around. We got on I-85 S but as soon as we had merged into the far right lane, the two right lanes took an immediate exit and became I-20, so we had to go to the next exit, turn around to get back on I-20 and then go BACK to I-85 S. It was completely frustrating. Traffic has gotten much worse in Atlanta in the last few years and I am SO glad I don't live there! Ugh!
Well, after that incredibly long blog about our day yesterday, I'm going to call it quits. I have a movie to go watch. Enjoy the pictures and the video!



1 comment:
the traffic may have been lousy, but the pictures are terrific!
Post a Comment