Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Harper, The House and a Whole Bunch of Questions!

Well, I'm coming first today with a request for prayers for Harper. Apparently, she's not growing like she should be. At four months, she weighs ten pounds. That means she's dropped off the growth chart. In order to be at the 5th percentile (meaning she weighs at least as much as five percent of babies her age), she'd have needed to be 11 pounds. She SHOULD have been closer to 13 pounds. The doctor we saw yesterday wants me to supplement with a bottle of formula every night this week and bring her back next Monday. She wants to see her AT LEAST back on the chart by then. So, I tried this last night. SHE WON'T TAKE IT!! She turns her head, pulls back, gags, spits it out, etc. I even tried putting it in a medicine dropper and blowing on her face to trick her into swallowing! In the meantime, I'm working on building up my supply and I'll feed her on a schedule this week instead of just on demand (since apparently she's not demanding enough). Please pray that we're able to get her to take the formula bottle and that things will straighten out soon!!

On to some more fun news. I have some pics of the house! They aren't the best and they're only of the downstairs (we haven't QUITE unpacked the upstairs... slowly but surely), but you can at least get an idea of what our house looks like!

First, here's the kitchen. It's my least favorite room in the house. We don't have a lot of space. I'd like more cabinet space and countertop space, but we DO have a built in microwave (that's amazing) and a dishwasher and a garbage disposal, so I'm certainly thankful for those things. As you can see, we still have a little clutter that we're dealing with in this room (and GOOD GRIEF would you look at all those magnets on the fridge!!) but it's coming together.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Next, we have the stairs. I'm not sure why I took a picture of the stairs, but I did. I guess this is my way of giving you a taste of the upstairs.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Now, on to the bedroom! We got new furniture here, so the pictures are mostly focused on that. The quilt on the bed was made for us by Linda Widdowson as a wedding gift. It's absolutely beautiful! We also have quilts from her for each of our kids. She is amazing.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This is our living room. I'm also putting a close up of our silly-looking tree. Colin helped decorate by literally THROWING ornaments up toward the top of the tree. He also picked out our star. Jamey hates the star! I think it adds character because Colin picked it out and he LOVES it. The trouble is that the star is so big and heavy, it causes the top of the tree to lean over a bit. Again, character.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I took a picture of the outside of our house last night. It was dark, so I had to "auto fix" the picture and it turned out a bit grainy, but you can get the idea.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


So, that's our house.

I wanted to close today's blog post with a FEW of the items Colin asked about YESTERDAY. I decided to keep track of one day's worth of questions/queries from him and I didn't even come close to writing them all down. In the first few hours of yesterday, Colin wanted me to tell him about:
sand spurs
babies
alligators
ghosts
Santa Claus
Thunderbolts

When Alice was in Wonderland and made the comment, "Curiouser and curiouser...", she definitely summed up my son!

3 comments:

dnadknsn said...

Oh Erin! Your house is beautiful!! Even with auto fix the outside is lovely and BIG!! I can't wait to see more pictures of the inside. The tree is great . . . and what a star!! Colin knows how to pick 'em. I love you and love keeping up with you and your sweet family. I will definitely be praying for Harper. Did your doctor in (wherever you just moved from) ever say anything about her weight? Let me know how she does.

Love you,
Donna

Erin said...

Her FIRST pediatrician always said she wasn't growing fast enough, but she was always ON target back then. Her SECOND pediatrician said her weight was great at two months. She's only gained a pound in two months... should have gained four. I think the travelling has really thrown her off and I'm hoping that things will straighten out soon.

Debbie (and Bud) said...

I love the house, love the tree, and really love the questions!

You picked out some beautiful furniture, and Linda's quilt looks great with it.

Good job mommy!
Love you,
Grandma

I Would Die For That -- Kellie Coffey

If You're Reading This -- Tim McGraw

Jane Austen Quiz


Followers