Sunday, December 14, 2008

Next Weekend!

It's almost here... our five year anniversary. I just found some pics on my computer today from our wedding, so I thought I'd share a few. I'll probably post a few more over the next several days until our anniversary on Friday.

First, we have the wedding cake. I saw this cake in a magazine and just HAD to have it. So, we went around from bakery to bakery to ask if they could do it. Our third try told us that she definitely could do it and gave us a quote much less than a Publix wedding cake! I was SOOOO excited. As time got closer, I gave her a list of words to use and I thought it turned out beautifully!




Next, we have the AMAZING limo! I've had two dream cars for as long as I can remember: a VW bus and a hummer. Jamey gave me one of them for at least a few hours!




Here is a picture of me in the HUGELY oversized Ruth Lindsay auditorium.




I was so glad that we have some pictures with Mrs. Lindsay. She'll always be a person I use as an example of what I want to be.




When we first got engaged, we asked Rev. Carr to perform the ceremony. He agreed and we were excited to have him (as well as most of his kids) be a part of our wedding. Unfortunately, something happened and the ski trip had to be scheduled the week of our wedding and Rev. Carr had to cancel. We weren't sure who to ask next but we thought we'd try and see if Dr. Vines would be willing to step in. We were so excited when he said yes!!




Of course there are several things I'd like to go back and change about our wedding, but I think we have some pretty special things to remember!

6 comments:

Just the 5 of us said...

Everything looked great. I love your cake. What a beautiful idea!

Unknown said...

Hehe... and now some pictures of the lovely wedding party. J/K
Fun to see pictures again though... wow I can't believe it's been 5 years!! :o)

Debbie (and Bud) said...

That 5 years has gone by much too quickly!

You were a beautiful bride! I must go pull out my album and look at the pictures again...

Happy Anniversary!
Mom

Laura said...

Erin! I love the pictures! Keep posting more! Congrats on 5 years, that is so exciting! You were a beautiful bride!

Material Gyrl said...

Your wedding was beautiful! I loved the cake it was yummo!!!

dnadknsn said...

I cannot believe it has been 5 years!!! It seems like just yesterday that Daniel was ringing the bell :-) (if only . . . ) I would love to see more wedding pictures. You were a beautiful bride - but you are an even more beautiful mommy.

I Would Die For That -- Kellie Coffey

If You're Reading This -- Tim McGraw

Jane Austen Quiz


Followers