Friday, December 26, 2008

Things I Learned

I'll post pictures of Christmas later, but I wanted to go ahead and post with some of the things I learned.

1.) It's very hard for my son to say "Jeremy". He got the wooden Thomas Airport with Jeremy the Jet Plane and he continues to call him "Germany the Jet Plane." In fact, at one point yesterday, Colin asked Jamey where Germany was. Jamey quickly responded, "It's in Europe." before realizing what Colin was REALLY asking.

2.) If you give a grown-up a toy, it will be a childlike Christmas all over again! Jamey had a "Wii Christmas". He got the soft sports kit that attaches to the controller with a golf club, tennis racket and baseball bat. He also got a racing game and the little racing steering wheel that connects to the controller. And, neatest of all, he got a Star Wars light saber duel game and the light sabers that attach to the controller. He played with ALL of it yesterday! Colin had a blast watching him but was a little too scared to play himself. I got some pictures of Jamey with the light saber. I'll post those later.

3.) I actually CAN cook! Everything went perfectly! Even the dressing, which had been my biggest worry, turned out to be absolutely delicious! Whew!

4.) It takes several hours to put together the k-nex ball machine. I was on step 71 (of 172) last night at 11pm when Colin (who was STILL awake) informed me that I'd need to finish it before going to bed. Sigh. I did not. I'll have to finish it today. The good news is that I LOVE putting this stuff together. I put together his lego racing set yesterday and this is JUST my cup of tea. I guess it's the math mind in me.

5.) Harper can be quite the little princess. She wanted to be held ALL DAY yesterday and was not afraid to express her displeasure whenever we put her down. It was ridiculous. I woke up early to cook,then fed Harper, then set up things in the living room (making sure that Colin's cookies for Santa had been attacked), then fed Harper, then we did our Christmas present thing. Then I fed Harper. Then I started putting together the k-nex ball machine. Then I fed Harper. Then I fixed the Macaroni and Cheese and Corn Casserole and put those in the oven. Then I fed Harper. Then I put the dressing and green bean casserole in the oven. Then I fed Harper. Then I got the china, crystal and flatware ready and set the table for us to eat. I started eating, then fed Harper and then finished eating. Then, I cleaned up. Then, I fed Harper. I won't bore you with the rest of the details. Let's just say that I was on my feet for half the day and feeding Harper for the other half! I've heard there's a big growth spurt around 4 months. I guess we can safely say she's hit it.

Anyway, we had a WONDERFUL Christmas and I hope you did too.

2 comments:

Just the 5 of us said...

This made me laugh. The past 2 weeks has been me feeding Story every hour or so. lol It gets exhausting for me b/c it's not like anyone else can do it...

Erin said...

Exactly! Harper refuses to take a bottle or pacifier, so she uses me for feeding AND soothing and no one else can help! Sigh.

I Would Die For That -- Kellie Coffey

If You're Reading This -- Tim McGraw

Jane Austen Quiz


Followers