Monday, December 22, 2008

Tell Me Your Stories!! (and Colin ruined my retirement fund)

So, this is my first year actually cooking Christmas Dinner. I think I may be pushing myself a bit much, but I don't care. I plan to cook all our favorites.

Anyway, to help me feel more confident, please share with me the story of YOUR first attempt at cooking Christmas dinner. What did you make? Did it turn out as you'd hoped?


Now... you must be wondering how Colin ruined my retirement fund. It's simple, really. He took off the tags!

No, not the mattress tags... or the hair dryer tag.

He took the tags off my Beanie Babies!!

Ok, so maybe they weren't quite as valuable as they were SUPPOSED to be. I was SUPPOSED to be able to sell them for hundreds one day. Yeah, I drank the Kool-aid.

I guess this is just one example of how your perspective on things changes when you have kids. Suddenly, tags all over the floor don't bother you at all if it means your little one has something of yours to play with and it puts a smile on his face.

As long as he doesn't draw a mustache on our autographed picture of Bear Bryant...

1 comment:

Material Gyrl said...

I have never done Christmas dinner by myself I usually make a bunch of casseroles to take somewhere. This year will be our first Christmas day by ourselves also. I am still not doing a big dinner we will get that this weekend when we go to Jax. Our Christmas tradition is brunch I make my Cajun Breakfast casserole with orange rolls & cherry sausage every year. Good luck on your dinner!

I Would Die For That -- Kellie Coffey

If You're Reading This -- Tim McGraw

Jane Austen Quiz


Followers