Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Quick Harper Update

I spoke with the nurse on call today about the fact that Harper refuses formula. She said given the fact that she only weighs ten pounds, it's extremely important that we get extra food in her. So, she suggested something she said they normally would NOT recommend. She said to put a little Karo syrup in her formula to sweeten it up. She said it's not something to do on a regular basis, but for this week when we need her to take the formula, it might help. I'll try it this evening and let you all know how it goes.

And now I need to ask for prayers for me. It's SOOO hard when your little one isn't doing how they should be medically. It's especially hard when it seems like a failure on your part. I'm starting to get frustrated with myself. I mean, I couldn't get pregnant like most people. I couldn't STAY pregnant like most people. I couldn't DELIVER smoothly like most people. And now I can't FEED my baby successfully. Seriously, I used to picture myself with 5 kids (at least) and I've had a huge mess of a problem being able to get these two here and healthy.

Please pray that this extra bottle of formula does the trick and I don't have to completely switch over.

1 comment:

Material Gyrl said...

Oh, Please don’t be hard on yourself. It is normal for babies not to like it at first. It took Mallory a day & a half of not eating before she would take Soy when we had to switch. Just stay persistent some times it takes them tasting is a few times for them to think it is normal. Ansley is that way to this day with new foods she will not eat it the first time we fight the next few times by the 4th or 5th time she loves it & ask for it. I will continue to pray for you both!

I Would Die For That -- Kellie Coffey

If You're Reading This -- Tim McGraw

Jane Austen Quiz


Followers