Sunday, January 4, 2009

Colin and the Scissors

He went into my knitting stuff and came out with some scissors. Here are SOME of the results:

Harper's Pack N Play (where she sleeps):

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Our lovely hand-made quilt:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


He also cut apart a diaper cover I'd JUST gotten in the mail.

Amazingly, Jamey and I kept our cool. I used my Christmas money (well, some of it) to get a new pack n play and I'm shopping for another diaper cover.

My big concern right now is in mending this quilt. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions?

4 comments:

dnadknsn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dnadknsn said...

Ahh . . . boys and scissors . . . what a joy!! I'm glad you were able to replace the items, or at least some of them. I hope you get some help regarding the quilt. With my extensive knowledge of all things "sewingish" there would probably be a piece of duct tape involved somewhere in the repair. :-) I'm proud of you and Jamey for keeping your cool . . . but I don't think you could lose your temper, Erin. Or . . . should I ask my sister about that??? hee hee Have a wonderful day . . . a wonderful "scissor free" day!

Debbie (and Bud) said...

The good thing is that time erases the worst part of these memories...
but the erasing probably won't start until the quilt gets repaired.
I would start by looking for a quilt supply shop/class in your area and see what they recommend.
I wonder what creative juices were flowing in HIS mind??

Material Gyrl said...

I am soooo sorry I can feel your pain this has been a Christmas of ornament carnage. Mallory smashed my favorite ornament (the Bloomingdale’s one the Watkins bought me in NYC for babysitting) against the tile floor, can we say a million pieces. My mother-in-law is an amazing quilter I sent her the picture she said she would email her opinion.

I Would Die For That -- Kellie Coffey

If You're Reading This -- Tim McGraw

Jane Austen Quiz


Followers