Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Church Troubles and an Angie Update

I have been trying to find churches to visit here in El Paso. I thought my biggest obstacle was the fact that Harper will NOT take a bottle but I finally decided to just take her with me and if I have to leave to feed her, I will.

But now that I'm back to the search, I'm realizing that it's just HARD.

I found three churches so far that made me think, "Hey, this might be a good one to try." Then, I looked more closely at their doctrine and found MAJOR problems.

Sigh.

We were SO lucky in Columbus to find such a GREAT church! I really miss it a lot!!

I do think I've found a church to check out and will be visiting their MOPS group on Friday. I hope this church works out!!



For those of you who have been praying for Angie (Bowden) Murray, I have an update.

Angie has a couple of appointments coming up and it would be great if we could all pray her right through them! She goes for her PET/CT scan on Thursday at 3:30 (Eastern) and has an appt with her oncologist next Tuesday at 7:30 am (should be enough time for Dr. Fox to be able to make a plan regarding chemo treatment). PLEASE be praying that the scan goes well and that they see everything they need to see so that Dr. Fox can make an informed plan for Angie!!

And if you missed it before, please check out my Race for the Cure website! Colin, Harper and I will be doing the 5K non-competitive race and I only have $25 more to reach my goal!!

1 comment:

Material Gyrl said...

Oh, I know how hard it is to find a good church. It is awesome that you found a church with a mother’s day out. I hope they are as open and sweet as the church we found, that would be a great support system for you. When the pastor & associate pastor came to our house to visit they asked how we found the church, told them that I made up a spreadsheet of everything we were looking for in a church & went on all of the local church websites to see which ones met those standards and listed them & their church was first. They looked @ me like I was crazy! Then I told them we both felt the Holy Sprit working in their church & they were pleased.

I still need to meet your challenge!

I Would Die For That -- Kellie Coffey

If You're Reading This -- Tim McGraw

Jane Austen Quiz


Followers