Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It's Trivial, But...

I could really use some prayer about a matter that may seem minor.

We are having issues with the landlords we had when we lived in GA.

We left the house in good condition and were told that we'd get our deposit back ($500 security deposit and $300 pet deposit).

Our lease stated that the deposit would be returned within 30 days.

Almost 30 days after we moved out, we still hadn't heard anything from them.

Jamey called "Mr. Landlord" and he assured us that we were getting it and said he'd have his wife call to verify our address.

Several days later, we still hadn't heard anything, so Jamey called "Mrs. Landlord."

She said she'd put the check in the mail.

We FINALLY got a check from them at the beginning of this year. It was for $500.

So, Jamey had to call Mrs. Landlord again to find out where the pet deposit was. She told him last Monday that it would be in the mail THAT DAY.

Here it is a week later and we still don't have it.

I am SOOOOO non-confrontational but it looks like I'm going to have to hound this woman. I don't understand why they're dragging their feet about this. It's IN THE LEASE!! They've already gone eighteen days PAST the time allowed!

So, if you could pray that this situation resolves in a positive way, I'd appreciate it.

Here I am in a new place with no friends (yet). My husband is gone for a month to get ready for deploying to Iraq for a YEAR and I'm trying to take care of a three year old (who is demanding attention out of jealousy) and a baby (who is demanding attention out of need). I do NOT need this added stress!

2 comments:

Debbie (and Bud) said...

I am and will be praying!

"Trivial" things can seem insurmountable when you are having to deal with them alone. I know.

However, five months was the longest we had to go at one stretch (letters and an occasional phone call) and you two were school aged then.

You amaze me at what you do. You both do...you have a really strong guy (still in shock at what he accomplished in that training he went through) so, I'm glad to have some specific requests to pray for you about! Even though I have an idea what you are going through... it is not the same by any means.

Love you!

Laura said...

Oh I so understand (well, not the being alone part). We were in a similar situation last June! Everything worked out fine, but not without what seemed like a million phone calls between us and Mr. Landlord. Scott and I both kept calling to find out where our money was and what was going on. Needless to say, either of us would be happy to make that phone call for you...we've been there and done that! Prayers!

I Would Die For That -- Kellie Coffey

If You're Reading This -- Tim McGraw

Jane Austen Quiz


Followers