I don't know if you've noticed, but I just have not posted much on this blog lately.
There's one reason for that.
We have nothing interesting happening right now.
Yep, that's it! Our lives are as bland as baby rice cereal!!
Okay, so maybe not THAT boring. We DO have things going on. But, there's nothing really interesting.
Here's what's going on:
* Harper is going CRAZY on her schedule. She's gone from sleeping through the night to waking every 3 hours to waking only once to waking EVERY HOUR!
* Colin is now signed up for spring soccer! He wants the soccer games to start now. I told him he has to have practices first. He said he doesn't need to practice. I told him the coach would teach him how to play. He informed me that he already knows how to play. This season is just going to be hilarious.
* Colin has a girlfriend. Her name is Mele. She is an almost 4 year old girl with three little siblings (they're triplets). Mele informed her mom that she loves Colin. Then, she and Colin held hands while they walked. Then Mele kissed him! I swear, you have to watch out for these girls at a very young age now!
* Colin said that Papa can drive his toy when he gets younger. "He's getting older and older and you never know when he's going to get younger! And Grandma can drive this police car when she gets younger."
* Colin is having some intense sensitivity issues. He thinks his hands are sticky all the time (and they're not), so we've had to set up a hand washing station at the house. He washes his hands about 8 times a day and I have to wash them 2-3 times at night before he can feel calm enough about it to settle down for bed. Lately, I've caught him whispering to himself, "My hands are not sticky. My hands are not sticky." I plan to bring this up to his doctor the next time he's seen because this just doesn't seem normal. He has NO OTHER ISSUES, though, so I'm not worried.
* I think we've found a church. I'm waiting for Jamey to get here before we proceed with joining. This is for two reasons. First, I want Jamey to have a big part in choosing the church even though he'll hardly be here. Second, I think SOMEONE should be able to hear an entire sermon before we join. I keep getting called to feed Harper because she just can't stand being away from me for too long (and of course, I secretly LOVE that).
But that's it. There's nothing else, really. So, if we go several days without posting anything on the blog it's not because we're busy saving the world. It's not because we've picked up and gone on a spur of the moment exciting vacation. It's not because we've decided to become hermits and live without any technology at all.
It's just because we're boring.
But not QUITE as boring as baby rice cereal.
Just maybe the oatmeal.
Harvey's First Birthday Party
10 years ago

7 comments:
Definitely not boring. You are Colin's mom - boring is not in the job requirement anywhere. I personally prefer non-sticky hands - way to go Colin!! :-) And by the way - even before Colin boring wasn't a word I would use to describe you!!
Andrew went through a crazy sleeping phase about 4 1/2 to 5 months and it lasted for about 2 weeks and then went back to normal. I guess it was just a growth spurt!
nathan talks about everyone getting younger too..
Joanna, this has been going on with Harper for nearly two MONTHS! When we moved over Thanksgiving, everything went nuts with her schedule. I'm just ready for it to settle down in my favor!!
Your "boring" life exhausts me!!
I also meant to say that I am looking forward to the day that I get younger! REALLY looking forward to it!
I miss your blog'n it brings life to my boring life ;-)
Post a Comment