Wednesday, January 21, 2009

One Minor Glitch

It seemed like I had a HOUSE FULL tonight, but there were only ten people here (13 counting us). But, four of them were kids, so it made things a bit more noisy.

Everything went well. My house looked lovely (if I do say so myself) and I had MOST of the food ready (I had to skip a couple of things due to the fact that my kids weren't exactly cooperative today).

I still have A LOT of food left and I'm not too thrilled about that since most of it is chocolate covered and I'm just not that into sweets right now. People took sweets with them when they left, but I guess I just made too much (Thanks A LOT Laura!!) and now I'm stuck with leftovers.

But, we had one minor problem. It got HOT!! At one point, the house was 79 DEGREES!!! That is NOT pleasant with 13 people!! I kept trying to turn on the A/C but it just wouldn't kick in.

That's when I found out.

I won't get A/C until MUCH later in the spring.

Yep, they'll come out and turn it on in March or April or something like that.

Excuse me?? It's already hot and just getting hotter and I'm stuck with only fans?!

Wow. This is going to take some getting used to!

I had wanted to take some pictures of the house and food and stuff, but I was just finishing setting things out when guests started arriving, so I didn't have a chance to take pics. Oh well.

Anyway, things are good.

I have an answer to prayer (for those of you who prayed) and another prayer request.

First, the answer to prayer. We got the rest of our deposit!! YAY!!! That's a HUGE weight off my shoulders!

And lastly, another request. I'm having some pain that I just SHOULDN'T be having now that my uterus is gone. I'm not sure WHY I'm having the pain, but if it continues, I'm going to have to make an appointment. I really do NOT want to have to make an appointment because I don't know anyone who can babysit yet and even if I did, Harper refuses to take a bottle or pacifier), so I can't leave her anywhere for long (since she uses me as her food source AND soother). So, please pray that the pain stops and that it's nothing serious.

I hope everyone else is comfortably warm (or cool... depending on your needs)!

5 comments:

Debbie (and Bud) said...

Glad the get together went well...keep me posted on everything else.

Love you!
Mom

Wish we could send some of our cool your way :)

Stacy Brown said...

What in the world? No AC until the spring? Sounds like you had fun last night.

Laura said...

Oh no, no AC = CRISIS! Even here, sometimes I get so hot inside that I turn off the gas and flip on the AC! That gas oven kills me, I get so HOT even when it is
-250 degrees outside.

Our first apartment had NO AC, and let me tell you, on more than one occasion I had all the windows open and blinds up while the snow was pouring outside because it just got so hot inside. People could see inside our windows and probably thought I was nuts, but I didn't care because girlfriend here was sweating!

I hope you get those fans running!

Erin said...

Yeah... apparently it's some sort of energy saving thing because people use the ACs so much here (with temps already getting into the 70s and getting into the 100s in the summer).

Debbie (and Bud) said...

Hey, I really like your countdown ticker...except for the fact that it says 24 more days! Yuck, huh?

Love you,
Mom

I Would Die For That -- Kellie Coffey

If You're Reading This -- Tim McGraw

Jane Austen Quiz


Followers