A couple of days ago, he was playing with a digital camera for kids that he got for Christmas. He took a picture of himself and told me "That's because I'm SOOO cute!"
My daughter makes me smile. She just KNEW her Daddy was leaving, so she did ALL three things we were waiting for before he left. First, he kept insisting that they hadn't bonded and she didn't like him. Well, she spent more time smiling at him this week than ever. She changed his mind. Also, while we were sitting in bed with Harper in my lap, Jamey said her name and her head whipped around to respond. It was the first time that she'd shown us she knows her name! She hasn't yet responded to "Scout" though. She will. I know it. And finally, she rolled over! Jamey got to see her roll over for the first time! I'd been waiting and waiting and she just hadn't done it. I think her size is making it tricky for her to do this developmental milestone. She's doing very well with all the others, but this was just not happening. Now I feel a bit better.
Harper had another checkup yesterday. The doc said we should start solids. I was hoping to wait until 6 months (which is the new recommendation from the AAP and WHO and other pediatric organizations), but with her weight being so low, I think we might have to start sooner. I'll be okay with starting solids sooner because I'm SOOOO excited about making them! I'm sure the doctor thought I was VERY granola with my exclusive breast feeding, cloth diapering and plans to make my own baby food. She seemed to think that making the baby food was a GREAT plan though.
We played Mario Party and Golf on the Wii today. Colin's getting pretty good. In fact, he won at Mario Party!! Although, I do have to admit that I took a cue from my Aunt Donna and Han Solo here. I'll never forget her describing their house and Daniel when it came to games... "Let the wookie win!" I certainly didn't LET him win, but I gave him a "handicap" and he started with two stars. The rest he did on his own!
Well, day one without Jamey is done. We're okay. We're going to go to Carlsbad Caverns again next week. THAT should be an adventure!
Now, on to my picture tag. I got tagged and here are the rules:
1.Choose the 4th folder where you store your pictures on your computer
2.Select the 4th picture in the folder
3.Explain the picture
4.Tag 4 people to do the same NO CHEATING! (cropping, editing, etc!)
So, here's my picture:

Talk about RANDOM!! This is the album cover for an album I listened to ALL THE TIME when I was little (although I had it on cassette). I spent months tracking it down and finally found it online! "How Cabbage Jack put the girls in a sack and though he was afraid... he did not fail to follow the trail to Lavender McDade!" I hope Harper likes it as much as I did.
Anyway, I now tag:
Cindy
Mindy
Vivian
Viviane

1 comment:
All right, I put up my 4th picture. :o)
Post a Comment