Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Sleeping in the Milner House

Colin has been sleeping in our bed since we moved in. Once Jamey leaves for NTC, my first priority is going to be to transition him back to his OWN bed!

But for now, he's with us.

So, bedtime goes something like this (after we're all tucked in with the lights out):

Colin: I forgot my night-night drink.
Me: You can have water.
Colin: I want some water.
(I get the water... just an ounce or two... he drinks it)
A few seconds pass.
Colin: I have to go tee tee.
I take him and then we get back in bed.
Colin: Mommy.
I ignore him.
Colin: Mommy, I have to tell you something.
Me: You HAVE to go to sleep.
Colin: But, I have to TELL you something.
Me: What? (in the way that only a half-asleep person can muster)
Colin: My... ummmm... (as he's trying to think of SOMETHING to tell me)... my blue angels jet has wings!
Me: That's nice. Go to sleep.


So, bedtime has been interesting.

Harper is now in her crib upstairs at night (while I wait for her new pack n play to be delivered) and she's not using ME as a pacifier anymore. She wakes up about three times a night. Did I mention that she was sleeping through the night before we moved? Sigh.

1 comment:

Debbie (and Bud) said...

As one "wise" country song writer said, "You're gonna miss this. You're gonna want this back. You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast - These are the good times"

It will not be like this long... I promise!

Talk to you later,
Mom

I Would Die For That -- Kellie Coffey

If You're Reading This -- Tim McGraw

Jane Austen Quiz


Followers