Right now, he's getting ready to go to "the box" on Friday. They'll be in the box for two weeks. It's a pretty good simulation (from what we've been told) for what they might encounter in Iraq.
Here's a picture of one of the platoon meetings:

And here are some pics of their living conditions right now. I'm editing here to add that they're staying in a FOB (forward operating base) for training, but when they're over there, his unit will be in a COB (combat operating base?) so their living situation won't be as nice and luxurious as this:


He said he should be able to send some more pics, so I'll post them as I get them.

3 comments:
Wow...I can't imagine living like that for very long!
And we think we are "roughing it" when we stay at Lake Yale! :)
When dad looked at it, all he could say was how good they had it in the Air Force!
Tell him we said "hi" when you talk to him, and that we are praying for him! (and all of you)
Love ya,
Mom & Dad
Well, you know the Air Force IS the most SPOILED branch ;-)
that's because they're the smartest :)
Post a Comment