Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Hi, my name is Erin...

... and I'm a fabric store addict.

I just can't stop!! I found a pattern for the type of dress I've always pictured my little girl wearing. Jamey and I saw a little girl in one over a year ago and he pointed it out to me and said that if we ever have a daughter, she'd need dresses like that. So, I got so excited when I saw the pattern at Hancock! This, of course, meant I needed more fabric... and some cute buttons. And, when I walked in the store, I saw tons of Alabama fleece, including a pink fleece pattern. I just HAD to get it to make Harper a little blanket. And then I needed a plain pink fleece for the back of the blanket. And, pink ribbon would be perfect as an accent!

Then, I realized that Colin might be feeling a little left out with me always at my Bernina making things for Harper. But, I can't exactly sew HIM little dresses!

So, I asked him if he'd like for me to make him a toy bag... something that he could throw some toys in for outings (yes, mom, he's already started stuffing his pockets with cars). He loved that idea, so he went with me to Hancock today. He picked out two fabrics (one Nascar fabric and one Dale Earnhardt Jr. fabric), so I'm going to make a reversable tote. I came up with the bright idea of having the tote handle button on so that it can be "reversed" as well. So of course Colin needed to pick out buttons. And what goes better with racing than soccer and football buttons? According to Colin, it's a perfect match!

I finished Harper's Alabama blanket tonight but can't post a picture because my camera batteries died. Here's the fleece I used though:


I'll post pics of the blanket and Colin's tote (assuming it turns out as I've planned) as soon as I get batteries for my camera!

2 comments:

dnadknsn said...

Having no sewing ability whatsoever (except for hemming my sons' uniform pants throughout their "band" career)I cannot relate personally to a "fabric fettish." However, I remember what it was like growing up with Mom's warehouse of fabric - even the little scraps were saved because they made lovely dresses for Barbie dolls:-)Your mom probably remembers better than I do, but I think our mom had a dresser full and more of material-but she pretty much never had THE material she needed when it was time to sew something else. So - warn Jamey - the love of all things sewing will only get worse. (hee hee hee) I can't wait to see pictures of the things you made. The pink 'Bama material is very cute. I take it FSU is no longer the love of your football heart?? How sad. We still love you :-)

Debbie (and Bud) said...

so many memories in so short a post! aaah...
Can't wait to see the results!
Football, soccerball and race cars; I can see how it works :)

Did you line the pink 'Bama with pink camo?

I Would Die For That -- Kellie Coffey

If You're Reading This -- Tim McGraw

Jane Austen Quiz


Followers