Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What Is He Up To?

Here's a description of what Jamey is doing THIS WEEK. It involves:

Ranger Physical Fitness Test requiring 49 push-ups, 59 sit-ups, an individual 5-mile release run event finished in 40 minutes or less, concluding with the execution of six chin-ups.

Combat Water Survival Assessment at Victory Pond

land navigation test

Modern Army Combatives Program (MACP) training

individual 12 mile foot march

the “Darby Mile” run event, a 1.63 mile terrain run with the Malvesti obstacle course negotiated afterwards

additionally, the student executes demolitions training and airborne refresher training

Airborne Soldiers will exit from a high performance aircraft and conduct tactical assembly area procedures.


I'm guessing that now you can see why they say that if you make it through RAP week, you should be able to get your ranger tab. That's why this week is SO important. There are TONS of people who don't make it through this first week.

5 comments:

Debbie (and Bud) said...

Well, we've been praying for Jamey..that he would have good health, and stamina to not just make it, but do very well. He amazes us!

Your new blog set-up is beautiful! I LOVE the slide show. The pictures are perfect...but then so are the models :)

An un-biased fan

Your Gospel-Loving Friend said...

Hey girl! Found you through Laura D.'s... I read your comment & said, hm...Erin? And it's you! We may be moving soon & will know tomorrow....we'd be four hours away from here, but if that's the door God has opened, we'll do it!

Great to see Harper pictures!

Unknown said...

Hey Erin, glad you found me in the blog world. Wow, so much has changed with you guys. Your kids are precious! I love the name Harper. She was born the day after my birthday (i read all your posts)... Where do you guys live now?

Erin said...

Viviane, I'm glad I found your blog too! It's amazing what a chain our blogs make. I think I went to about four different blogs to get to yours! We're in Columbus, GA right now, but we'll be moving in January. We're not sure where yet. We may just get more orders here. We were SUPPOSED to be in Germany now, but when we found out I was pregnant, we were told I wouldn't get medical clearance because of the high risk (previous four pregnancies were miscarriages), so we ended up here.

Your Gospel-Loving Friend said...

Yes! :)

I Would Die For That -- Kellie Coffey

If You're Reading This -- Tim McGraw

Jane Austen Quiz


Followers