Tomorrow is the day. It's the day we've been looking forward to and almost dreading at the same time. Jamey reports tomorrow at mid-day for Ranger School. Next week will be VERY intense! We could really use your prayers during this week. It starts with his RPFT (Ranger Physical Fitness Test) on Monday. He's passed all three of his practice RPFTs and has improved a lot, but he's still a bit nervous. Tuesday will be Land Nav. If he passes Land Nav on Tuesday, he won't have to do it Wednesday. If he can't pass on Tuesday, he'll get another chance on Wednesday. Sometime during the week, he'll also have his combatives... also known as "get the taser from the other guy before he uses it on you". Thursday is the twelve mile ruck march. If he passes each requirement for the week, he'll continue on. Most "recycles" happen in this first week. They say that if you can get through this week, you'll get your tab. Jamey's goal is to make it straight through Ranger (not common) the first time, so doing well in this first week is imperative. It will get him on a good start for the rest of the course! He's been feeling a bit of a cold coming on, so please pray that God keeps him strong and healthy so that he can accomplish his goals here.
I finally got a picture of Harper's blanket. I think it turned out really cute! I don't have a picture of Colin's bag, but it turned out okay... not great, but he likes it.
Here's the blanket. Colin says that it says, "Please, Alabama, win!"

And I have a picture of my new hair color. It's sort of a mix between a very dark blonde and a very light brown. I like it. It's not the best picture, but you can get an idea.

Well, that's it for now... off to help Jamey pack!
1 comment:
The blanket is adorable. It makes ME cheer for Alabama!! I love your hair. I would tell you that I had mine colored recently, but then I would have to shoot you because no one is supposed to know that women color their hair - HA! I'm 50 years old - - there's no way this is natural!!! hee hee Anyway, your hair color is pretty and it looks good on you. Also - you are looking skinny. How did you do that when Harper is less than 3 years old??? Actually, with my "youngest" it has taken about 15 years to lose the pregnant fat :-) Love you!
Post a Comment