We went to Publix yesterday afternoon, and while we were there, Colin announced that when we got home, Daddy would be waiting. I told him that it would be a long time before Daddy came home because Daddy is at Ranger School.
Then, when we got home and were about to walk in the house, Colin noticed that Jamey's car was sitting in our carport. He got SOOO excited and started shouting, "Daddy's home! Daddy's home!" I kept trying to quietly tell him that wasn't the case, but as soon as I opened the door, he went running through the house looking for Jamey. It BROKE MY HEART! How in the WORLD is this kid going to handle a deployment?
It wasn't too long before he had recovered from his disappointment and was back to making me crack up laughing with his comments. For example, he is NOT Harper's "big brother". He is Harper's "manager". I am NOT his "mommy", I am "coach".
The strangest comment he made, though, was last night while we were watching one of his movies. He announced (out of the blue), "When kids get trapped in holes with snakes, we have to go to the football game... to the Alabama football stadium basement, and get a pooper scooper. Then, we will get the kids out of the holes!"
Seriously... no clue where THAT came from!
Harvey's First Birthday Party
10 years ago

2 comments:
Colin, you brighten my day!! Thanks, Erin, for sharing his rays of sunshine (even in the midst of a few clouds). Heard anything from Jamey? How are things progressing? Praying for you all.
If all goes well, I won't hear from Jamey until 10/31 when he calls me to come pick him up for his 8 hour pass. Then, I won't hear from him until he graduates.
The only reason I'd hear from him now is if he gets recycled and has to start the course all over again.
So, no news is good news.
Post a Comment